What you’ll need
You shop for many of the ingredients in this soup with your Bridge Card and Double Up Food Bucks.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse and cut seasonal veggies evenly into small pieces. Peel, rinse, and dice onions. If using, slice mushrooms and rinse and chop fresh herbs.
3. Grate cheddar cheese.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add seasonal veggies to boiling water. Briefly boil, about 30 seconds. Using a colander, drain the veggies.
5. In a large bowl, whip eggs with a fork until well blended. Whisk in dried herbs. Set aside.
6. Coat medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. If using mushrooms, add now. Add boiled seasonal veggies. Continue cooking until soft and some of their juices have evaporated, about 5 minutes more.
7. Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
8. Layer ingredients in the baking dish in the following order: veggie mixture, egg mixture, cheese, salt, and pepper.
9. Bake until eggs are firm and cheese is melted, about 35 minutes. A thermometer inserted in the middle should read 160°F.
10. If using, garnish with chopped fresh herbs.
11. Cut into 8 equal-size portions.