Michigan Potato Kabobs
What you’ll need
You shop for many of these ingredients with your Bridge Card and Double Up Food Bucks.
1. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan until very hot; remove from heat and stir in garlic.
2. Let cool, then stir in herbs, salt, lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
3. Place potatoes in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Note: If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent.
4. Microwave on high for 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are mostly tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave).
5. When cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks. Thread potatoes, sausage and vegetables onto skewers.
6. Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with a little of the herb mixture during the last few minutes of cooking.
7. Remove from grill and place on a platter; drizzle with remaining herb mixture.