Positively Perfect Mashed Potatoes
What you’ll need
You shop for many of the ingredients in this soup with your Bridge Card and Double Up Food Bucks.
1. In large saucepan, combine 5 cups water, potatoes and 1 teaspoon of the salt; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
3. Drain potatoes thoroughly.
4. Return to saucepan; heat over medium-low heat 1 to 2 minutes to dry potatoes, stirring occasionally.
5. In saucepan, mash potatoes with potato masher or fork, or beat with electric hand mixer until chunky.
6. Stir in butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup of the hot milk. Add additional milk, a little at a time, if necessary, for desired consistency.
7. Season to taste with additional salt, if desired.
8. Serve immediately.