Double Up for the Holidays
Fill your holiday table with delicious fruits & veggies
Turkey may be the star of the show, but we’re most excited about the rest of our holiday meals, like roasted root veggies and warm apple pie. We pulled together a few recipes that will fill your holiday tables with delicious veggie side dishes and fruit-filled desserts. And since Double Up is available year-round, we made sure to include recipes that use tons of Double Up-eligible ingredients!
P.S. We created a printable shopping list so you can pick up seasonal fruits and veggies and prepare for your holiday meals next time you shop.
VEGGIE SIDE DISHES
- Chef Bryant Terry is a vegetable expert! This recipe for Sautéed Cabbage and Potatoes is inspired by atakilt, a hearty Ethiopian dish of slow-cooked potatoes, cabbage, and carrots.
- We won’t turn down a classic green bean casserole, but for a fresh and flavorful green bean recipe, give these Sautéed Green Beans with Nuoc Cham a try!
- Michigan Potatoes’ recipe for Positively Perfect Mashed Potatoes prove that recipes don’t need to be complicated to be absolutely delicious.
- Why would you make an apple pie with just one crust when Michigan Apples has the perfect recipe for Double Crust Apple Pie?
- Having trouble settling the apple vs. pumpkin pie debate? Michigan Farmers Market Association has a solution — use both! This recipe is available in English and in Arabic.
- Looking for a tasty vegan dessert? This Vegan Banana Pudding from Detroit-based Chef Quiana Broden is an easy, but impressive, option.
Looking for more holiday recipes? Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter!